Sign up to become an animal and wildlife volunteer!
Our dedicated animal and wildlife volunteers have made a significant impact in various areas of wildlife conservation and animal care. Their involvement has been instrumental in ensuring the well-being and preservation of numerous species. Here are some examples of the impact our animal and wildlife volunteers have made over the years:
- Ongoing Care in Ethical Captive Scenarios: Our volunteers have played a crucial role in providing daily care for animals residing in ethical captive environments. Their dedication and commitment have contributed to the physical and emotional well-being of these animals, ensuring they receive proper nutrition, enrichment, and attention.
- Data Capturing and Research: Animal and wildlife volunteers have actively participated in data capturing and research initiatives, collecting valuable information that aids in the understanding of wildlife behavior, population dynamics, and habitat management. Their efforts have contributed to the development of scientific knowledge and informed conservation strategies.
- Assisting Veterinary Professionals: Our volunteers work closely with veterinary professionals, providing valuable assistance in medical procedures, health checks, and treatments. By offering their support, they help ensure the optimal health and welfare of the animals under professional care.
- Rescue, Rehabilitation, and Release: Volunteers have been involved in hands-on rescue, rehabilitation, and release efforts for injured, orphaned, or displaced wildlife. Through their dedicated work, they have provided a second chance for these animals to recover and return to their natural habitats.
- Projects with a Diverse Range of Species: Our volunteer projects encompass a wide range of species, including domestic animals, wildlife, exotics, indigenous animals and birds, monkeys, marine life (sharks, penguins, whales), horses, big cats, and endangered species. This diverse scope allows our volunteers to engage with various ecosystems and contribute to the conservation of different species and habitats.
The impact of our volunteers extends beyond the immediate care they provide. Their work fosters greater awareness and appreciation for wildlife conservation, inspiring others to take action and make a positive difference in their own communities.
We are immensely grateful for the dedication and passion demonstrated by our volunteers. Their contributions have significantly contributed to the well-being and conservation of wildlife, leaving a lasting impact on both the animals and the ecosystems they inhabit.
If you would like to join our team of dedicated volunteers or seek further information about our projects, please feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or keep scrolling down to see our list of animals and wildlife projects in South Africa and sign up today to become an animal and wildlife volunteer in South Africa!
Together, we can continue making a meaningful difference in the world of wildlife conservation.
Animal Sanctuary project
Volunteer with the all-round care, feeding and animal husbandry of non-releasable wildlife -both exotic and indigenous- at a beautiful animal sanctuary in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa. Animals that can be rehabilitated and survive in the wild, are released.
Big Cat Sanctuary on a Wildlife Reserve
Volunteer at an ethical Big Cat sanctuary based on a beautiful wildlife reserve in the province of the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Assist with the ongoing care of these big cats saved from dire captive situations.
Endangered Wildlife Monitoring & Conservation
Join a team of wildlife conservation experts on Big 5 wildlife reserves in South Africa working with endangered species like African Wild Dog, Rhino, Cheetah, Vulture, Leopard, Elephant, Lion and more.
Ethical Predator Sanctuary project
Assist with the care of lions, leopard, tigers, caracal, serval and jackal in a highly ethical sanctuary in the most scenic setting in the Western Cape province. No breeding, no trading and no petting takes place and the big cats best interests always come first.
Horse Rescue and Rehabilitation Sanctuary
If you love horses, then this project is the perfect one for you! Assist a dedicated team of horse rescuers and trainers with their daily work on an equine sanctuary. From horse care, socialisation, treatment to the horse rescues.
Lion Sanctuary in Limpopo
Help care for prides of rescued lions saved from the “bullet and bone” industry in South Africa. Assist a big cat team with their day-to-day care and feeding at an ethical sanctuary on a small private wildlife reserve in a remote part of northern South Africa. A true African bush experience
Marine Conservation with Whales, Sharks and Penguins
This multi-faceted marine conservation project allows those with a love of the ocean and its inhabitants to get exposure with not only Whales, Dolphins, Sharks and Penguin research and monitoring, but also community education, environmental issues and ecotourism with a skilled team of experts, including marine biologists.
Vervet Monkey Rescue and Rehabilitation project
Help all year around with the rescuing of wild monkeys and assisting with their care and rehabilitation. In the busy baby monkey season between October and March, extra hands-on help is needed is with a lot of orphans and rescued babies coming into rescue and needing more care before they are old enough start their rehabilitation process.
Veterinary Medicine Skills Experience
For those studying or qualified in veterinary medicine this is a fantastic project with two areas to gain practical experience in with a diverse array of patients from domestic, livestock and even wild animals on South Africa’s beautiful Garden Route
Wolves and Wolf Dogs Sanctuary
Give hands-on help at a wolf and animal sanctuary working with rescued and ex-pet wolves, wolf hounds and huskies and other exotic animals like marmosets, llamas to farm animals in a beautiful forest setting on South Africa’s Garden Route
Wildlife Rescue, Rehabilitation and Veterinary Clinic
Volunteer with an amazing team of wildlife rescue and rehabilitation specialists that are dedicated to giving sick, injured and orphaned wildlife a second chance. Assist the team with feeding and caring for its wildlife inhabitants on a daily basis until they are well or mature enough to be released to survive in their natural environment, free in the wild.
Wildlife Veterinary Medicine and Rehabilitation
Assist a top wildlife veterinary medicine doctor and a highly experienced team of wildlife rehabilitation experts in their daily duties treating rescued indigenous wildlife in South Africa. Perfect for veterinary medicine students and professionals wanting more practical experience.
Wildlife Capture and Veterinary Programme
A programme about wildlife capture and the veterinary work that goes with it, where you will learn techniques and tricks of the trade of wildlife capture both in theory and practicals. Great for those studying veterinary medicine, conservation, zoology or a related field. Set dates from the 1st to the 12th of October 2023.
Aside from Animal and Wildlife volunteer projects, we have a selection of projects with Veterinary Medicine to choose from for those studying or qualified in veterinary medicine skills!